On the evening of Saturday 16th June, guests gathered at the beautiful Myer Mural Hall to help mark an incredible milestone – TLC for Kids’ 20th Anniversary.
Hidden in amongst the Myer building, the stage was set beautifully in the Hall and the Murals were spectacularly lit, awaiting guests’ arrival. Old and new faces were chatting and mingling and cocktails from the Chivas Regal Bar had everybody excited and ready to go on a journey reflecting on the past 20 years with TLC for Kids.
The evening was full of laughs, tears, and generosity. Touching speeches were made by TLC parents Adric and Emma, whose daughter Elyssia stole the show! Later, TLC for Kids’ Founder and CEO Tim Conolan and Executive Manager Ana Darras gave the audience a moving insight into why TLC for Kids does what we do. Challenges and highlights from the last 20 years were shared but it was also an opportune time for them to share plans for TLC for Kids’ future, including international expansion, the Sensory Box program, and working with Ambulance Victoria.
There was a fantastic array of live auction, silent auction and raffle items up for grabs, ranging from stunning jewellery, to holiday packages, to unique and priceless experiences.
Our supporters dug deep and raised an incredible $102,681 on the night for sick kids!
We send our dearest thanks to everybody who contributed on the night, with extra-special thanks to the following people:
- To our sponsors of the event, Kmart and Target
- To supporters of our event, Perfect Events, Myer Mural Hall and Evoke, for their support in hosting and running the event
- To Brodie Young, TV host and commentator, and Justin Smith, 3AW Presenter and Herald Sun Journalist, for being incredible MCs for the evening
- To Adric, Emma and Elyssia for sharing their brave and inspiring story
- To Blue Tree Studios, C2, Imagine Creative and Impact Digital for providing crucial creative, photographic and print support for the event
- To The Robbie Williams Experience, Matthew Charles, DJ Claire Elliot, Adelaide Clark and Patrick Studios Australia for providing great entertainment
- To our auctioneer John Shore for helping us to raise as much funding as possible on the night
- To everybody who donated items for auction or raffle on the night
- To Pernod-Ricard for providing amazing cocktails and whiskey-tasting for guests
- To our fundraising committee, in particular Adriana Brusi and Michael Davey, for their support of the event
- To our crucial team of volunteers, without whom the event would have not been possible.
Please enjoy our photo gallery below.