Transporting children in palliative care to their most treasured destinations, perhaps for the final time
what is the tlc ambulance?
TLC for Kids is proud to be partnering with one of Victoria’s most respected institutions, Ambulance Victoria, to introduce The TLC Ambulance.
In 2019, the TLC Ambulance will begin delivering special momentsto sick children in palliative care, transporting them to their most treasured places to experience that joy one last time.
the TLC AMBULANCE COULD ENABLE:
A TRIP HOME TO PAT THE FAMILY DOG
A TRIP TO HAVE FUN AT LUNA PARK
A TRIP TO WATCH A FINAL SUNSET
A TRIP TO A FAVOURITE PARK
HOW IT WORKS
the first PROGRAM OF ITS KIND
- TLC for Kids fields Requests from paediatric referrers
- Paramedics are organised to drive the vehicle
- TLC for Kids team members meet the family to prepare for the trip
- The TLC Ambulance safely provides round-trip transport for the child and their family to a treasured destination
- The family receive a photo album and a package of photos and footage that capture the beautiful moments and memories created during their trip, made possible by the TLC Ambulance
A detailed list has been provided by Ambulance Victoria for the required special medical equipment to ensure the child’s safety inside the vehicle and whilst on the trip away from the hospital. These include:
- Defibrillator machine
- Monitoring equipment
- Safety equipment
- Refrigerated storage
- Syringe pumps
- Other medical items
By donating today and supporting this vital service, you are helping to create a soothing and medically safe ride for children in palliative care.