what is the tlc ambulance?
In 2019, the TLC Ambulance began delivering special momentsto sick children in palliative care, transporting them to their most treasured places to experience that joy one last time. The experience will be captured and commemorated for the family.
TLC for Kids is proud to be partnering with one of Victoria’s most respected institutions, Ambulance Victoria, to introduce The TLC Ambulance.
THE FIRST PROGRAM OF ITS KIND
The TLC Ambulance is the first program of its kind in Australia, offering an immersive and engaging experience that differentiates the vehicle from other patient transport vehicles. The TLC Ambulance is more than just a vehicle – it offers a beautiful, memorable day out for families to treasure forever.
the TLC AMBULANCE COULD ENABLE:
A TRIP HOME TO PAT THE FAMILY DOG
A TRIP TO HAVE FUN AT LUNA PARK
A TRIP TO WATCH A FINAL SUNSET
A TRIP TO A FAVOURITE PARK
HOW IT WORKS
- TLC for Kids fields Requests from paediatric referrers
- Paramedics are organised to drive the vehicle
- TLC for Kids team members meet the family to prepare for the trip
- The TLC Ambulance safely provides round-trip transport for the child and their family to a treasured destination
- The family receive a photo album and a package of photos and footage that capture the beautiful moments and memories created during their trip, made possible by the TLC Ambulance